What are my chances of getting into veterinary school?
Getting into veterinary school is easier now with the increase of class seats available. This increase in seats provides you an opportunity to be selective about which schools you apply to, and ultimately attend. The map below illustrates how many applicants from each group (resident vs. non-resident) enroll every year, along with correlating class sizes for each veterinary school. This information is helpful in determining best chance of admission as you weigh which school is the best fit your veterinary education.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A VETERINARY SCHOOL?
Many other factors should go into choosing your veterinary school.
- Do you want to be close to home, live somewhere new or is location not a deciding factor for you?
- Is the focus of the school — research programs, emphasis on production medicine, flexible curriculum, etc. – important to you?
- Is instruction primarily lecture or problem based learning?
- Are the class sizes relatively large or small? Learn more.
- Are clinical rotations onsite or will you be sent to local veterinary clinics for clinical training?