How much will my veterinary education cost?
New veterinarians with less educational debt have a head start on life, the VIN Foundation Cost of Education Map is here to help. A lighter debt burden translates into more financial, career, and personal flexibility. Wouldn’t it be great to pursue an internship or residency, or even take a new job in your dream location without having to worry as much about how you are going to pay back your loans?
Your vet school experience is important, but the rest of your life is even more so!
Rules & Assumptions for the Cost of Education Map:
The map uses recent data published by each school to figure a % increase in tuition and fees per year. The projected increase is calculated per school based on the last four years of published tuition data. While past increases are not always an indicator of future increases, trends show that tuition is likely to continue increasing for veterinary school and recent increases give us the best guess at what that might be in the near future. Make sure to ask your target veterinary schools what their best estimate of tuition and cost of living increases will be while you will be attending veterinary school.
PLEASE NOTE, TUITION LISTED INCLUDES FEES.
For the accrued interest estimates, we apply the most recent Direct Unsubsidized (6.59%) and Direct Grad Plus (7.59%) interest rates for the 2018-19 academic year.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A VETERINARY SCHOOL?
Many other factors should go into choosing your veterinary school.
- Do you want to be close to home, live somewhere new or is location not a deciding factor for you?
- Is the focus of the school — research programs, emphasis on production medicine, flexible curriculum, etc. – important to you?
- Is instruction primarily lecture or problem based learning?
- Are the class sizes relatively large or small? Learn more.
- Are clinical rotations onsite or will you be sent to local veterinary clinics for clinical training?