How much will my veterinary education cost?
New veterinarians with less educational debt have a head start on life. A lighter debt burden translates into more financial, career, and personal flexibility. Wouldn’t it be great to pursue an internship or residency, or even take a new job in your dream location without having to worry as much about how you are going to pay back your loans?
Your vet school experience is important, but the rest-of-your-life is even more so!
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A VETERINARY SCHOOL?
Many other factors should go into choosing your veterinary school.
- Do you want to be close to home, live somewhere new or is location not a deciding factor for you?
- Is the focus of the school — research programs, emphasis on production medicine, flexible curriculum, etc. – important to you?
- Is instruction primarily lecture or problem based learning?
- Are the class sizes relatively large or small? Learn more.
- Are clinical rotations onsite or will you be sent to local veterinary clinics for clinical training?